Elegant bedrooms for girls

Even though I don't have kids, I often think about how I will eventually choose to decorate their rooms.  It is so tricky to find a balance between babyish and sophistication.  Even though I am forever changing my decor, I would like to think that I wouldn't do that if I were truly happy with the whole scheme of the room.  



1. This room would be great for a young teen or even a little girl.  I really love the material used for the tie curtains and the mix or prints on the bed.  The black and white stripes are so bold and the mix of pink and floral is so girly.  Well done.



 2. This room would be great for a young girl - a desk to do homework at, a stylish set of bins to keep toys or shoes in, and a bulletin board to display all her likes and obsessions of the moment.  I love the area rug and how they use shades of teal to tie everything together.



3.  At one point before I got married, I swore to my husband that I would never want to use wallpaper because it was so dated looking.  I have totally changed my tune.  Although it can be really difficult to get off once you are sick of it, there are so many pretty patterns that can serve as a focal point to any room.  This wallpaper is made up of my two favorite colors - and I love it.  The mirror over the bed could be any second-hand or thrift shop find, spray painted the right color.  Even though the rest of the room is relatively plain, there is a lot that you could do in the room that doesn't overpower what is already there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts